And having just visited my blog, I have discovered that I haven’t updated since January. JANUARY. WHO AM I?
A lazy blogger who’s about to dive back in, that’s who!
Quite a bit has happened in these last 10 (10!!!) months:
- The executive director of the non-profit I work for quit
- We had interim co-directors for a few months, at the end of which 3 people had quit and everyone else was on the verge of quitting
- We got a new executive direction in the summer
- Who is big into social media and the possibilities of doing important outreach work for our mission that way
- Which has led to a complete shift in my job, toward being the social media/web site manager
- While still being under an immediate boss who doesn’t understand any of it, and thus keeps hampering my ability to do my job
- Oh, and did I mention that we work closely with a government agency, and thus our abilities to do our jobs has been hampered significantly by this ridiculous shutdown?
- Not to mention all the people we work with daily on the government side have been furloughed
- So there’s that
Oh, and in the middle of all that, I moved (twice!), but am now finally living 20 minutes from work (well, 20 seconds during the shutdown since I’m working from my kitchen these days), and living with my boyfriend!
So, life is actually pretty good.
How’s everything in the blogosphere?